My name is Darwin Sanoy and I am the primary subject matter expert and trainer for CSI Windows courses.
I have been working with technology for over 20 years and speaking at industry conferences for over 14 years. I have been actively training for over 10 years.
I have always enjoyed creating learning experiences that make complex technology more practical and applicable to the tasks of technology professionals. I have been doing this with Windows Installer and related application technology for over 10 years with DesktopEngineer.com. There are many interesting teaching methods that can be employed to this end, but two that have really caught my attention recently are Action Mapping and Cognitive Load Theory.
I've always had a special facination with operating systems and how they work. This interest has given me a wide range experience in operating systems, applications and virtualization - which I love to share with learners.
I am the author of the eBook Deploying and Supporting Applications on 64-bit Windows.
Here are some of the specifics of my background:
- Creation and delivery of learning experiences.
- Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000, NT4, 95, WfW 3.11, DOS 6, 5, 4 - administration, install, upgrades, patching, shell scripting, vbscript, troubleshooting & virtualization, migration, design and project management.
- Linux Server - administration, install & upgrades, patching, bash scripting, troubleshooting & virtualization.
- Machine Virtualization using VMWare (since version 2.0), VirtualBox and Virtual PC. Application Virtualization using Thinstall / Thinapp.
- Testing of enterprise application portfolios for managed desktop deployment projects.
- Training, workshops and knowledge transfer for technology design and architecture Windows Installer and SMS.
- Open Source (Linux): Joomla, Drupal, WebGUI, PHP, MySQL, Apache
- AS/400 (OS/400) - administration, install & upgrades, patching, troubleshooting, performance monitoring, capacity planning, work management, RPG/CL coding.
- Novell Netware - administration, install & upgrades, patching & troubleshooting.
- OS/2 (Certified Engineer) - administration, install & upgrades, patching, troubleshooting.
- Eternally Tinkering: Apple IIe, MacIntosh, BeOS, Banyan Vines, Lego Mindstorms, iOS, Android.